Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Making A Change


If I could change anything I would change the way view people have on one another .I would try to convince them that everyone is different and that it is ok for people to be different . I would first have people get to know one another ,then I would have them come hand in hand to change the world as a whole .I think that if we can do that then there is a possibility to have world peace. I can say that I feel that way because Marjane in the book complete persepolis has made a positive change in me with her story. She let me know no matter who you are or where you live that we all have dreams and hopes to be someone great in life.I feel that Marjane wants people to wants people to except her for who she is and hear her story and I feel that she did just that in this book.
Tears of Darfur
by Mahnaz Badihian

O tired land
O depressed sky of Darfur
O plain of no breath
You are bleeding from all corners
Of your dreams
The bosom of your land
Weeps the bitterness of blood
O tearful Darfur,
Can your hungry hands
One day cultivate those
Dry, sad roots, left from
The countless bones
Of your children
Can your simple dreams
Of having a
Loaf of bread and a roof above
Come through?
Maybe,
Maybe one day
Those broken wings
Will heal
With the caressing hands
Of peace
We the people of the world
With our tearful eyes
Waiting on the day that
Acacias will bloom
On the lands where
The dream of innocence pours
On these hopeless days
This poem touches me because it talks about the issues that go on with Darfur . So many things I see on tv I have to be honest I don’t pay to much attention to but I find If I take the tim to stop and see whats going on in other countries I can move forward to make a change address the issue and also be thankful of the thing I have in life. I have hthe freedom to become someone great but they don’t because lives are taken away because of death and I feel that everyone should have a chance to live there life and be able to leave there hand prints on our hearts . Whether it in a song , writing, or painting the should have the right to share there stories

No comments:

Post a Comment