Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11maddy by Salt


Day 11 by salt
Genocide is a tough and sensitive topic for me to digest because I understand that most of these genocides take place in Africa where I’m from, where my ancestors were thought of. It just makes me feel bad and lucky because I could’ve been easily born there in a weird way. To me I just don’t understand the beating of a dead horse. I mean these people are fighting against people who can not fight back under any circumstance. Like I hate to sound cliché but pick on someone your own size. It’s just tough to see pictures of that and to know that people have the power to stop that horrible power but just wont due to basic selfishness. I feel helpless because I can’t help them.
Overcoming genocide is so easy to me. These big armies in the world have so much technology and resources to just blow these guys up and take control but they will not because oil is more important to protect than precious human beings. Hating being a pessimistic person I don’t see the situation ever being resolved because people don’t even care about the people dying in their neighborhoods let alone some people over in another country. Also I think it will not ever be resolved because the media makes it seem so cartoonish. Like the average viewer looks at it like that’s crazy because the stories seem unbelievable. Then I believe that peoples sub conscience when the media don’t make a big deal about something is telling us it’s not a big deal so we don’t care. It’s like if it’s so bad it should be blitzed on the news everyday but again the oil is the most important thing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment