Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11 : Molly


TONAS -
I believe that Marjane did not do things to get in trouble. She wanted a life that was different from all the trauma and change that was going on in Iran. She was technically disobeying the rules however, she wanted to be away from the inside crowed. She wanted to be the outsider and she wanted to do what she wanted to do. She didn't care what the rules where she wanted her own life her way. Marjane got in trouble for not following the dress code. She wanted her own style but someway she got around to expressing her own look. I attended Mount Assisi Academy which was a private catholic high school for all girls. We had to follow our syllabus and dress code. We received demerits which where caution marks for receiving a detention. 10 demerits is an automatic detention. I got in trouble a lot for stupid rules. I got in trouble for being tardy chewing gum in class, and falling asleep during class. I got a detention for that. I think its really stupid that they put so many marks for just being late, chewing gum, and sleeping. However I knew it was wrong and i knew I was going to received a detention. I think my high school wanted us to be prepared for our future jobs which they will have rules to follow to. Now that I am in College I know its time to grow up. I know that if i disobey the rules their will be consequences.
(about the picture) my friend caught me sleeping and she took a picture of me in senior year) ahhaha


MADDY-

Learning about genocide with the One Million Bones Project has caught my attention seriously about this issue. It has brought me to the point where I want to get even more involved in this situation. The art work has caught my eye and increases my attention that genocide is full with not only terror but also bring up hatred. The different art works in between these two projects has brought my imagination to a broader perspective. I keep wanting to get my self more involved by telling the people around me who matter so we don't half to go threw this. I believe it is so hard for us to overcome genocide in the world because we do not know how to take action. Most of us will say "I want to do something about it, I want it to stop". I think that certain people will think that genocide is not a big issue because they are not dealing with it them self's. I think that they do not know how to handle the serious criticism so they are afraid to prevent not only genocide but just hatred in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment