Thursday, August 19, 2010

CJ -
I don't necessarily think genocide is allowed in the world, I think that it is a huge problem in the world though. If it was for some reason "allowed" then yes, I would most definitely be against it. I would protest it, just because something is the "law" doesn't mean it's right. For example, it's against the law for homosexuals to get married, but this is not something I agree with and I don't think it's fair. There is a saying - stand up for your rights. It should be someones right to get married to the person they love, just like it should be someones right to live.
Adam -
In true notebooks the characters have to do many things they don't want to without a choice. I don't know if I think being sentenced to life in prison is for the greater good... I guess some people would see it that way because it means a criminal is being kept of the streets and that keeps people out of danger. At the same time though, they are just kids. Many of them seem to have learned from their mistakes and just want to turn their lives around, it's really unfortunate that they will never get that opportunity if their convicted. There's a part in the book where one of the boys talks about how the justice system isn't right because if you lock someone up for twenty- some odd years and he gets out - even if he wanted change in the beginning since nobody believed in him or supported him, when he gets out all he will feel is betrayed and will look for is revenge. After reading this book it really makes you feel remorse for these boys, I feel like they deserve a second chance to become the men they strive to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment