Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11 responses


Maddy:

Seeing the cradles in Naomi Natale's slide show was incredibly powerful.
As she was describing the project, I was picturing your standard wooden cradle,

and then I saw all the different types of cradles people created. Each one so diverse
in so many ways, and the obvious time that was put into each one.
Especially the one made out of a walker, that one was my favorite because of the story behind it

and all of the materials it was made out of other than the walker.

Also seeing the very first bone (hand) someone made for the one million bones project was also so inspiring, it made me want to go out and make something similar right a way. Which is why I can't wait for tomorrow's bone making party.
I think it's hard for the whole world to overcome genocide because it's such a hard thing to stop, and not enough people are concerned about the issue. People are too consumed in their own lives to think about what horrible things are going on outside their little bubble.
That is why projects like this are so important because it raises awareness throughout the world to let people know what's going on still.




Tonas:

Marji in Persepolis repeatedly does do things that make her get in trouble.

Such as yelling at the teachers at her school. But mostly just for standing up for what she believes in. And sometimes she's somewhat vulgur, but she usually has a good reason for it.

I'm completely blanking on a time where I did something that got me in trouble before.
I know there has to be something though. It will probably come to me later tonight.
Anyway, I think now that I'm older it would depend on what it is that I would do despite getting in trouble for it. I'm more concious of my surroundings and try my best to stay away from trouble but if it were something I was passionate about and strongly believed in I would probably do it despite the punishment.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree seeing the cradels was just inspiring. Just by a cause you can make art into it and every peice of art is a story behind it.

    ReplyDelete