Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Djembe Drum Beat

He placed his brown hand over mine
stopped my rhythm-less banging
and pulled the drum away
to cradle in his legs
and caress the taunt skin
of the carved conical drum
comforting it against my assault.

I folded my hands in my lap
the proper lady thing to do
when defeat feels imminent.
I offered, "There is a rhythm in me
but it’s buried deep."
"Very deep", he assured me.

We continued the lesson
left hand gradually grasping the beatright hand perfectly tone-deaf.



This poem really stuck out to me. It will always stay in my mind for ever when I think about genocide. The daruf people had a normal life style until everything was being controlled over. I believe that people need to realize that we are just as equal. We need to understand that genocide is a serious. It takes everything that we thought to be true into terror. The Daruf people knew that they didn't do anything wrong. Why must the enemies think the opposite. Why do we continue to judge when we look at things differently. We must see what meets our own eyes and learn that we are just as equal. We should not think about the negative aspects that other ethnicity have.

No comments:

Post a Comment