Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11tonas by Salt


Day 11
In Persepolis the character Marjane has a strong opinion about the war that’s going on in her country due to the fact that her family having a long line of people who fought for what’s right and what’s not. With this knowledge my character has had she’s been always the type of person to feel strong about her country and where it should go. Her family instilled in her these values at an early age. This however has gotten this girl in trouble over and over again. Marjane throughout the book has took her fight to the class room repeatedly. In middle school she had done it and in highschool. Now that I am far in the book on page 297 while in college now Marjane does the same thong speak her mind to the instructor on her beliefs. This gets her in trouble again and she was summoned by the Islamic commission. This made her grandmother proud of er though.
For me my repeated offenses were not morally justified or a situation of having a lot of integrity. Mine dealt with cars. When I was 14 I stole my mothers car and drove it and she caught me. This was just the beginning as this was a bridge for me walk on when I received my drivers license. My mother bought me a car it was a nice Malibu with 20 inch rims on it but I crashed it. This got me in a lot of trouble for crashing it in front of my school. With no car I stole my mothers car again but this time I got into a car accident. I was blessed that the other driver just let me go home, however my mother didn’t have the same compassion for me. She taught me a lesson that I will not name as I was 16. After this I stopped because I had eventually end up getting tickets in my mother name for speeding and other stuff. Mom I’m sorry.

2 comments:

  1. I never did the same things twice but Id say if I had to chosose one thing that I did that started me on my path as of right now I'd have to say when I first started when I was little and Id do little stupid things a little kid thought was big like bullying and taking peoples stuff.
    Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha I know she beat you down, I could only imagine what my parents would have done lol, I've only gotten a spankin once but I'm sure they would have beat me black and blue.

    ReplyDelete