Thursday, August 19, 2010

C.J.


Adam

In this world, I have learned that we all have to do things that we don't like. Whether its a job we hate, working with someone that you don't quite get along with, or doing homework we all have to do this things because its for our own good. Earlyer in True Notebooks there is a scene where the prisoners are having a writers retreat and the female gaurd doesn't want her girls to sit with the other boys because she is scared of what will happen. She then explains to Mark that he is nieve for seeing the bright side of things and talks about how a pencil can easily become a weapon. But she allowed it because deep inside she knew it was for the greater good. They were all good writers and it was important for them to mingle and share ideas despite their incarseration. I, myself have had to do a fewthings that I was completely against but I did them because of a greater good. I can think of one situation in perticular where I was forced to go along with a project in school, but if i didn't I would receive a failing grade in the class. I'd rather not discuss what the project entailed me to do, but just know that I was very much against it and I did it anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment