Tuesday, August 17, 2010

C.J.'s blog answer


In my life, I have lived by a saying. That saying goes like this; Strive, thrive, and survive long enough to change the things you can, trust in God above to get you through and change the things that you cannot. That being said, I work as hard as i can to change those things that I can. Whether it be something as simple as trying harder in school or something as complicated as a personality/lifestyle change if necesary. But beyond my internal struggles, if I can help people with what ever thay struggle with, I will bend over backwards and sideways for them if they are my friends and even if they aren'tbecause thats the kind of person I am. I guess I'm weird like that. Like today for example, I was on the bus, sitting twords the middle, and it was nearing school. I was reading when I noticed that there was a woman not to far from me who was crying her eyes out. I closed my book and went over to her. I asked her if she was ok and if she need someone to talk to. I thought she was going to dismiss me and be all creeped out but she looked me in the eyes, smiled, hugged me, and told me what was bothering her. Its the little acts of kindness that bring out the best in people. Its the same thing with Mark in True Notebooks, he didn't have to do anything that he has done in this book, but he did because he wanted to and because he knew he was making a difference. Somtimes it not about personal gain, its about that smile, that hug, that feeling that you made someone feel better.

2 comments: