Thursday, August 19, 2010


Adam:
Actually in Persepolis the main character Marjanne gets married to Reza, who had been her boyfriend for quite some time. She was unsure at first about the marriage, even though she knew she loved him.
Eventually their marriage started to go downhill, yet Marjanne and Reza stayed together out of affection. In a way that compares to the character in your book that does something even though they really don’t want to.
In my life I suppose that being Jewish in the past has been something I did just to make my parents happy. I put up with going to Sunday school and Hebrew school for a little bit. But once I was 10 years old I decided I didn’t want to be in Hebrew school anymore, and I never had a Bar mitzvah which is the coming of age type ceremony for Jewish women. So in a way I didn’t let it continue for very long but I did do it out of the greater good for my family.

CJ:

I think some of the reasons genocide is “allowed” is because people feel too helpless to do anything about it. I mean there are protests and groups who try to stop it but it is a huge problem that is now way beyond us and is hard to put to a complete halt. But I don’t think it’s technically allowed I’m sure if something huge could be done it would be.
Of course I wouldn’t go along with propaganda of committing genocide against a certain race from the government. I think you’d have to be a pretty cold hearted person to agree with that. However I’m sure some in our country would. I would try my best to protest against it, because genocide is not right! I would try my hardest to change the minds of our government but I would need a great amount of help.

2 comments:

  1. i believe that is hard to change the minds of the government but we have to first change the minds of the people so that our voices will be heard and i dont they can ignor all of us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but a lot a lot a lot of people have to change their minds and become aware for that to happen which is unfortunately really hard to acomplish :(

    ReplyDelete