Wednesday, August 18, 2010


Day 11 tonas -
The characters in True Notebooks do repeatedly make mistakes, I think because it's hard for them to stick with something and keep going with it, like staying off the streets or out of gang life. I can relate with this in some ways, it's kind of like relapsing. I used to drink a lot and I didn't really know my limit so I'd end up hung over and feeling like shit the next day. But even after I learned my limit, was hard for me to stop. I just wanted to have a good time and feel alive, but I ended up losing a lot of control over my life. This kind of thing happened over and over until I realized I really needed start taking better care of myself.. I'm better about it now that I'm older, but there are still those moments when I backtrack or slip up. The difference is I am more aware of it now and I'll stop instead of letting it take a hold on me the way it used to. Every day is a new one, you just have to try an keep moving forward.
My Question -
The cradle project made me really sad thinking about all the babies that never got that chance to live.. It encourages me to get more involved in art projects that can really change the world. It's good to feel like your part of something also. I wish I could say I new why genocide is still such a problem today but I can't. It is so trivial when you think about it, people killing people over what? I think a lot of it just has to do with this fight for power, everyones trying to get to the top and be in control. We need to change, and learn from our mistakes better. Life is to short to keep repeating the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment